Monday, December 22, 2014

Bad Friday Chapter 2 Part 1

First part of the second chapter of my webcomic "Bad Friday" is now online!




This second chapter introduces all the protagonists in the comic. Although not everyone of the protagonists gets a spotlight in this chapter, all of them are shown together for the first time.

I wanted to introduce Gregory Crossways story in this chapter.
He is a sort of an alchemist and a (not very good) sorcerer. Also, he likes to get things his way regardless of what will happen to anyone or anything around him. This chapter is maybe more of a demonstration of his powers and recklessness that him in general, but this is a start.

The inspiration for this chapter came from a couple of places. One of which is a story found in Finnish mythology about ghastly spirits called Kalmanväki. They were believed to be ghosts of the deceased (or alternatively faeries and demons) that went into church (usually at night) to have their mass. They never appeared to be hostile towards the living, but when touched they could cause sickness and death.
In this story I wanted to imagine how these kind of spirits could be made into evil beings. So I came up with an evil priest who damned his devotees and caused chaos in his church. His inhuman black mass rituals and dark beliefs lead to sacrificing his worshipers and himself to darkness leaving the church to deteriorate.
Decades later Gregory gets a great idea to wake the spirits for entertainment and some ulterior motives.


I've been wanting to draw ghost stories for a long time, since horror and paranormal has been an interest of mine for as long as I can remember. So while drawing this comic I wanted to tribute some of my favorite creepy (and not so creepy) movies, bands and stories. That was basically the reason why I wanted to draw this comic in the first place.I'm still not sure wether I should call this a horror comic, maybe not yet. But that's what I planned this project to be. Sort of a paranormal/creepy/horror hybrid with weird stuff happening all the time everywhere and to anyone and everyone.

So please enjoy the comic and hit it with a comment or two. Tell me what you think guys.




No comments:

Post a Comment