Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Omnipresence 2


The line art of the Omnipresence comic is finished and the colors are done.

The final comic will be published full color in Rikki-zine that will come out 2.9.2016. The zine will be presented at the Rikki exhibition, where I'll also have two works exhibited.

During work I had problems on deciding what the character would have looked like. First sketches had a girl character but after thinking about it I decided to use a non-binary character, because then the focus would be more on BPD and not the gender. Well at least that's what I had in mind.

first concept sketch of the comic
The colors of the comic were inspired by Matteo DeLongis' work. I have admired his work for a long time. His colors are very soft and dream-like with strong color accents in details. I wanted to try out my own take on the dream like color scheme while adding bright neon-like splashes in crucial spots.
I guess I ended up using the neon colors a bit like a highlighter. In the end the colors became heavy and more like a bad dream, which worked perfect because of the theme of the comic which is BPD.

final colors
The final comic will be published in Rikki-zine. It's the first issue. Presented at THIRD SPACE gallery in Helsinki 2.9.2016 (Gallery THIRD SPACE, Tarkk'ampujankatu 18, Helsinki). The exhibition itself will be  open from29.8. to 4.9.2016, so if you're in town at the time, come by and say hi. The book will be found at Helsinki's comic festival 2.–4.9.2016.
Or send me a message:
m.broci@yahoo.com

sketch of Omnipresence: HetkiƤ


No comments:

Post a Comment